Lists of Conferences and Workshops

• Thread starter Elwin.Martin
  • Start date
In summary, lists of conferences and workshops are comprehensive compilations of events focused on various topics and industries. These lists provide individuals and organizations with opportunities to attend and participate in informative sessions, networking events, and workshops led by experts in their respective fields. They serve as valuable resources for staying updated on current trends, advancements, and best practices in a particular industry or field of interest. These lists are often organized and curated by reputable organizations, making them a reliable source for finding and registering for relevant conferences and workshops.
Elwin.Martin
(Assuming everything goes according to plan)
I have been offered a research assistance-ship this coming fall, and I'll have a certain amount of money that's intended to cover a decent amount of travel to conferences since I do theory work and my mentor has a decent grant.

I went to the American Physical Society April Meeting for 2012, and I thought it was a great experience as my first conference and I'll probably be looking at the conferences that my mentor goes to as my first priorities, but I'd like to see if everyone could post the conferences they go to/have heard of. Also, if anyone has good links to lists of conferences. I will be at an REU until late August so I'm concerned with late Sept. 2012 on-wards, mostly.

I'm also interested in Summer and Winter schools/workshops in any and all topics. I really want to expand what I know and gain some prospective as to what is being done at the forefronts of the various fields within physics.

I'll probably be looking at choosing my list of graduate schools to apply to this coming Fall and Spring and I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet. I have a very specialized set of skills, and that's probably not healthy...hence I'd like to do what I can to learn about other fields :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Bumping this.

Anyone?

Elwin.Martin said:
Thanks, I'll try to look through it.

So, out of curiosity, since you've attended the APS conference and presumably, you are an APS member, don't you receive mailings (both via e-mail and the APS Newsletter) on all the conferences and workshops that the APS sponsors/co-sponsors?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
So, out of curiosity, since you've attended the APS conference and presumably, you are an APS member, don't you receive mailings (both via e-mail and the APS Newsletter) on all the conferences and workshops that the APS sponsors/co-sponsors?

Zz.

Ermmm most of what they mail me goes to my university, I just use my access to Phys Rev D online and I think I checked my member information once while signing up for the conference and I'm not sure if I'm set up to receive emails? I get APS membership through the Society of Physics Students.

I didn't know there were other APS sponsored conferences, I only knew about the March and April meetings. I'll look now, though

What are "Lists of Conferences and Workshops"?

"Lists of Conferences and Workshops" are compilations of upcoming events related to a specific field or topic. These lists typically include information such as the event name, date, location, and a brief description of the topics that will be covered.

How can I access "Lists of Conferences and Workshops"?

"Lists of Conferences and Workshops" can be found online through various websites, such as academic or professional organizations, as well as through search engines. Many universities and research institutions also maintain their own lists of upcoming conferences and workshops relevant to their fields.

Why are "Lists of Conferences and Workshops" important for scientists?

"Lists of Conferences and Workshops" are important for scientists because they provide opportunities for networking, sharing research findings, and learning about new developments in their field. Attending conferences and workshops can also help scientists stay updated on the latest research and techniques, as well as enhance their professional development.

How can I use "Lists of Conferences and Workshops" to advance my research?

By regularly checking "Lists of Conferences and Workshops" in your field, you can identify relevant events where you can present your research, gain feedback, and potentially collaborate with other scientists. These lists can also help you identify potential funding opportunities, as many conferences and workshops offer grants or scholarships for attendance.

Are "Lists of Conferences and Workshops" comprehensive and accurate?

While "Lists of Conferences and Workshops" strive to be comprehensive and accurate, they may not include every event in a particular field or some information may be outdated. It is always recommended to cross-check the information with the event's official website or contact the organizers directly for any updates. Additionally, it is important to conduct your own research to ensure you are aware of all relevant conferences and workshops in your field.