Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries

Summary:

What is the best resources for understanding Li-ion battery?
I want to know how a lithium ion rechargeable cell works with very basics details. I don't need a simple describtion like most of the websites and videos. I need a resource that explain the chemistry and physics of a Li ion cell from very basics of knowledge.
Could you please introduce such a source for Li ion cell?
Or any other suggestion for learning the physics and chemistry of cells?

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Summary:: What is the best resources for understanding Li-ion battery?

I want to know how a lithium ion rechargeable cell works with very basics details. I don't need a simple describtion like most of the websites and videos. I need a resource that explain the chemistry and physics of a Li ion cell from very basics of knowledge.
Could you please introduce such a source for Li ion cell?
Or any other suggestion for learning the physics and chemistry of cells?
It's a little hard to understand at what level you want information. What chemistry classes have you taken so far? Were they in high school or undergraduate university? What other chemistry learning or reading have you done about batteries so far?

Is the information at Battery University too basic still?

https://batteryuniversity.com/

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/types_of_lithium_ion

They aren't good. They are very simple. I need a book like "battery management systems, volume1:battery modeling By Gregory L. Plett". he try to explain difficult equations in simplest way. But I do not need "modeling".
I need a source that explain "physics and chemistry" of "Li-ion cell" from basics to advanced level.
I know chemistry in basics level but physics in advanced level. Actually I'm a graduate physics student in university.

Last edited: