Little murder things jumping out of sodas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
22 replies · 5K views
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
20
Does anyone else notice the shower/dance of particles or whatever that develop when you just pour a can of soda out? It's accompanied by the trademark sounds of soda freshly poured as well. Sprite is the worst. You put your face up close enough and it'll rip off your skin causing massive amounts of blood loss. Or well, close to it. Does anyone know what's going on when that happens? Possible military applications?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ack, are the "funniest" member awards coming up again? :cry:

(P.S. try freshly poured Vernor's -- especially if you can get it from a fountain instead of a bottle)
 
Last edited:
Hurkyl said:
Ack, are the "funniest" member awards coming up again? :cry:

So, WHHHHAAAAATTTT'S the deal with airline food?
...

...

...

<Jazz Hands!>
 
Nucleation is one of those tiny things that astound me. Looked it up on Wiki and stopped reading once I saw the math at "mechanics of nucleation."
 
Pengwuino said:
Does anyone else notice the shower/dance of particles or whatever that develop when you just pour a can of soda out? It's accompanied by the trademark sounds of soda freshly poured as well. Sprite is the worst. You put your face up close enough and it'll rip off your skin causing massive amounts of blood loss. Or well, close to it. Does anyone know what's going on when that happens? Possible military applications?

Those are fairies. *Don't* breathe them.
 
Last edited:
lisab said:
Those are fairies. *Don't* breath them.
Are adults getting high off fairies again?
 
I am wondering about the layer of muck in the bottom of my coffee cup. It is always a thick muddy bog and I can only imagine what that stuff is doing to my Colon.
 
G01 said:
So, WHHHHAAAAATTTT'S the deal with airline food?
...

...

...

<Jazz Hands!>

lol, nice Seinfeld ref.
 
lisab said:
Those are fairies. *Don't* breathe them.

Oh. I always breathe them. Especially the ginger ale ones.
 
Pengwuino said:
Does anyone else notice the shower/dance of particles or whatever that develop when you just pour a can of soda out? It's accompanied by the trademark sounds of soda freshly poured as well. Sprite is the worst. You put your face up close enough and it'll rip off your skin causing massive amounts of blood loss. Or well, close to it. Does anyone know what's going on when that happens? Possible military applications?

:smile:

But in all seriousness, I don't drink soda. That means I'm safe from the murderous particles that fly out of soda! :rolleyes:
 
~christina~ said:
:smile:

But in all seriousness, I don't drink soda. That means I'm safe from the murderous particles that fly out of soda! :rolleyes:

You'd think.

But no, if you frequent any public places you are still subject to second-hand murderous flying soda particles.
 
DaveC426913 said:
You'd think.

But no, if you frequent any public places you are still subject to second-hand murderous flying soda particles.

and then soda drinkers that lack soda hygiene (and must soda drinkers do) further propagate its spread through third-hand contact. It's very important that you wash your hands before handling children if you've just drank a soda.
 
Pythagorean said:
and then soda drinkers that lack soda hygiene (and must soda drinkers do) further propagate its spread through third-hand contact. It's very important that you wash your hands before handling children if you've just drank a soda.
I only have two hands, so nobody has to worry about this from me.
 
You must first close your two hands before you can open your third-

oh wait, that was eyes.
 
lisab said:
Those are fairies. *Don't* breathe them.
Don't you hate it when you find a typo in your post after someone has already quoted it? I hate that more than the little murder things that jump out of sodas!
 
Hurkyl said:
I only have two hands, so nobody has to worry about this from me.

So how do you open your car when you grocery bags in both left and right hand? :bugeye:
 
Pengwuino said:
Does anyone else notice the shower/dance of particles or whatever that develop when you just pour a can of soda out? It's accompanied by the trademark sounds of soda freshly poured as well. Sprite is the worst. You put your face up close enough and it'll rip off your skin causing massive amounts of blood loss. Or well, close to it. Does anyone know what's going on when that happens? Possible military applications?
To stay on the safe side, I recommend you drink beer instead. Only gentle loving foam comes out to greet you. And you still get the trademark sound as your significant other pours it for you. Barrington's Brutal is the best. You put your face up close enough and you can smell the health benefits. What goes on after that is between the cup and the lip. I think the Vikings used to prepare for battle with a few flagons of beer.
 
Gokul43201 said:
Don't you hate it when you find a typo in your post after someone has already quoted it? I hate that more than the little murder things that jump out of sodas!

I had half a mind to PM Lacy and ask her to fix it :redface:
 
lisab said:
I had half a mind to PM Lacy and ask her to fix it :redface:

I wish I could fix what ever I did but edit is not an option. And I don't get it? I'm so sorry. :cry:
 
Lacy33 said:
I wish I could fix what ever I did but edit is not an option. And I don't get it? I'm so sorry. :cry:

That's ok :smile: I made a typo in a post you quoted. Fortunately it's not the bad kind of typo: the kind that's buried in reams of code. Just the silly kind :redface:.
 
lisab said:
That's ok :smile: I made a typo in a post you quoted. Fortunately it's not the bad kind of typo: the kind that's buried in reams of code. Just the silly kind :redface:.
Thank you for being a goodhearted fairy. It's very bad to trap one. I will try to set you free. Be ready to fly. :smile: