Loan me money today and I will gladly pay you back yesterday

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Loans Money
In summary, the concept of "loan me money today and I will gladly pay you back yesterday" is not actually feasible and is often used as a metaphor for financial desperation. Time travel is not possible, so it is not possible to pay back a loan from yesterday. Lending money with the expectation of being paid back yesterday is not a legitimate or realistic loan agreement and should not be taken seriously. It is important to have clear and agreed upon terms for loan repayment. If someone asks you to lend them money with the promise of being paid back yesterday, it is important to communicate clearly and set realistic expectations for repayment. If they continue to insist on this unrealistic form of repayment, it may be best to decline the loan or seek professional advice.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...The public has stepped forward with cash to boldly go where nobody in the mainstream scientific establishment wants to go -- or, at least, to have to pay for the attempt to go.

Backward. In time, that is.

A University of Washington scientist who could not obtain funding from traditional research agencies to test his idea that light particles act in reverse time has received more than $35,000 from folks nationwide who didn't want to see this admittedly far-fetched idea go unexplored.[continued]
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/319367_timeguy12.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Tenure is a mysterious thing.

I am always excited to see new and innovative ideas being explored and tested, even if they may seem far-fetched at first. However, it is important to note that scientific research requires a rigorous and evidence-based approach, and funding is a crucial aspect of this process. While it is admirable that the public has shown interest in this scientist's idea and has provided financial support, it is concerning that traditional research agencies did not see merit in funding this project. This highlights the need for continued support and investment in scientific research, as it allows for the exploration of novel and potentially groundbreaking ideas. I am curious to see the results of this research and hope that it will contribute to our understanding of the universe.

1. How does the concept of "loan me money today and I will gladly pay you back yesterday" work?

The concept of borrowing money today and paying it back yesterday is not actually possible in reality. It is a metaphor for the urgency and desperation someone may feel when in need of a loan.

2. Is it possible to time travel and pay back a loan from yesterday?

No, time travel is currently not possible, so it is not possible to pay back a loan from yesterday. This phrase is simply used to express a strong desire or need for immediate financial assistance.

3. What are the risks involved in lending money with the promise of being paid back yesterday?

Lending money with the expectation of being paid back yesterday is not a legitimate or realistic loan agreement. It is important to carefully consider the terms and conditions of any loan before agreeing to it, and this phrase should not be taken seriously as a means of repayment.

4. Can someone really borrow money and not have to pay it back until yesterday?

No, this phrase is not a legitimate or realistic loan agreement. It is important to have clear and agreed upon terms for loan repayment, and this phrase is not a valid form of repayment.

5. What can I do if someone is asking me to loan them money today and they promise to pay me back yesterday?

If someone is asking you to lend them money with the promise of being paid back yesterday, it is important to communicate clearly and set realistic expectations for repayment. If they continue to insist on this unrealistic form of repayment, it may be best to decline the loan or seek professional advice.