Long math equation for my sister's 25th birthday please

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for help to come up with a math equation that equals to 25 to put on a t-shirt for their sister's birthday. Multiple suggestions are given, including equations involving Fibonacci, Lucas, and Catalan sequences, Pythagorean theorem, and integrals. In the end, the person chooses an equation with the maximum value.
iamnim
Hi I’m looking for someone who could help me with this little problem of mine... My sister studies math at a university she is on her 3rd year and her birthday is coming up i would like to make her a Tshirt with a print that says “I am (long mathe equation) years old... so i need a math equation that equals to 25 i saw a comment on a similar post but i need something a bit longer than just
52∞∑n=012n−e(2)(5)iπ+∫522xdx
Referencehttps://www.physicsforums.com/threads/equation-to-equal-25.699794/
I need an equation that is a bit longer and harder to solve as well since she does study math I hope to make her think twice when she looks at it too... hopefully someone could help me and thanks in advance
Cheers

Mathematics news on Phys.org
How about the solution of:
$$
\dfrac{\sqrt{5}^5}{4\pi^2} \cdot \sum_{n=1}^\infty \dfrac{x}{n\cdot n \cdot (n+1)}\cdot \dfrac{F_n \cdot L_n}{C_n} = 1
$$
where ##F_n## is the Fibonacci sequence, ##L_n## the Lucas sequence and ##C_n## the Catalan sequence. You will find their definitions, e.g. on Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Likes PeroK
I know you might be looking for something longer, but something that would be easy to print on a t-shirt would be ## 4! +1 ##. (4!=4x3x2x1 ). (The exclamation mark is used in mathematics for the "factorial" symbol)... (Probably much too simple...)

Charles Link said:
I know you might be looking for something longer, but something that would be easy to print on a t-shirt would be ## 4! +1 ##. (4!=4x3x2x1 ). (The exclamation mark is used in mathematics for the "factorial" symbol)... (Probably much too simple...)
For a simple one, I'd chosen the classical Pythagorean: ##3^2+4^2##. Not very complicated or long, but it started number theory - in a way.

Likes Charles Link
Here's another strange one which is at least long:
$$\operatorname{max}^2 \{\,n\in \mathbb{N}_0\,\vert \,2^n+7^n+8^n+18^n+19^n+24^n-3^n-4^n-12^n-14^n-22^n-23^n=0\,\}$$

Likes QuantumQuest and mfb
Combining posts 3 and 4: y=25 (and x=4) is the only solution to ##y=x! + 1 = x^2 + (x-1)^2## where x is an integer. Not a nice equation, however. I like post 5.

Likes QuantumQuest and Charles Link
fresh_42 said:
For a simple one, I'd chosen the classical Pythagorean: ##3^2+4^2##. Not very complicated or long, but it started number theory - in a way.
Somewhat related, but as an integral akin to the one you wrote in the linked thread:

##\int_{12}^{13}2x~dx##
This evaluates to ##x^2|_{12}^{13} = (13)^2 - (12)^2) = 169 - 144 = 25##

Last edited:
Likes QuantumQuest and Charles Link
Charles Link said:
I know you might be looking for something longer, but something that would be easy to print on a t-shirt would be ##4!+1.##(4!=4x3x2x1 ). (The exclamation mark is used in mathematics for the "factorial" symbol)... (Probably much too simple...)

As I saw it at first, I thought that the dot between 1 and parenthesis was "times" but it is not. So, to make it a little longer, I'm borrowing the idea, changing one sign and adding 1
##4!+1\cdot(4!-4\cdot3\cdot2\cdot1)+1##

Last edited:
Likes Charles Link
if she knows how to solve cubics, maybe ask "If X^3 = 12X + 65, then X^2 = ?"

Likes Charles Link
Thanks to everyone for the help i ended up using the one with the maximum... she loves the shirt... thanks again

Likes Charles Link

1. What is the purpose of the "Long math equation for my sister's 25th birthday"?

The purpose of this equation is to create a unique and personalized way to celebrate your sister's 25th birthday by incorporating her age into a mathematical equation.

2. How do you come up with the numbers and symbols for the equation?

The numbers and symbols used in the equation can be chosen based on your sister's interests, hobbies, or significant numbers in her life. You can also use mathematical operations to manipulate the numbers to represent her age.

3. Is there a specific format or structure for the equation?

There is no specific format or structure for the equation. You can be creative and use any mathematical operations, numbers, and symbols as long as it accurately represents your sister's age and is solvable.

4. Can I use any type of math in the equation?

Yes, you can use any type of math, including basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or even more advanced concepts. The key is to make sure the equation is solvable and accurately reflects your sister's age.

5. Can I personalize the equation further?

Absolutely! You can personalize the equation by incorporating your sister's name, interests, or inside jokes into the numbers and symbols. This will make the equation even more special and meaningful for her.