1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a good source for problem sets

1. Dec 20, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

i'm feeling that i didn't quite catch the whole concept of inertial forces very well , and i'm looking for an additional source for mechanics problems .
    so far i have been learning and solving problems for "an introduction to mechanics" by danniel kleppner , which is btw is an awsome book , but i need some more.
    i have stumbled this particular question:
    A river flows from the north to the south in the northern hemisphere at the latitude http://physweb.bgu.ac.il/cgi-bin/mimetex.cgi?%20%5Ctheta. The flow velocity is mimetex.gif and the river width is mimetex.gif . What is the difference of the water level at the western and eastern coasts ? (Hint: the ratio between the height difference and the width of the river is equal to the ratio between accelerations in the corresponding directions.)

i don't need any help to solve it, but roughly this is the level of the questions i am looking for.
    so if anyone could point me to the source of this problem , i will be very grateful :)
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2015 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted