Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for an aftermarket convex backup mirror for vans/SUVs

1. May 13, 2014 #1

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I saw a clever aftermarket rear backup mirror on a minivan recently, and I'd like to buy one for my Suburban.

It's about 9" in diameter, and attaches to the rear door of a minivan or SUV at the door seam along the side near the top. This makes it visible through the rear window, so you can see down to your trailer hitch. It would also be a great help when backing up in parking lots, to be sure I don't back up too far and ding a car parked behind me.

Has anybody seen this item? I tried doing a Google Images search, but no luck so far. Very clever idea, and it didn't look too dorky on the back of the vehicle that I saw.

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2014 #2

berkeman

I finally got a little closer using a Google Images search on backup mirror for SUV. This is close to what I saw, except that this one sticks onto the outside of the rear window, instead of clamping to the rear door seam...

http://www.etrailer.com/Mirrors/K-Source/KSC088.html
    KSC088_1000.jpg

4. May 13, 2014 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. May 14, 2014 #4

berkeman

Thanks for the link, edward! It looks like the same unit, but I'd rather get it through Amazon. I have some other items that I want to order from Amazon... :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook