Looking for Article and Blog Writers

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Physics Post is a website that has been around for four years and contains larger science related articles, 300+ words in length. Some highlight articles are written by well-known scientists and the website ranks #1 on Google for "physics articles" and #8 for "science articles". It receives several thousand pageviews a day and offers $5 per accepted article via PayPal. Physics Blog, on the other hand, features shorter science related news and commentary pieces, around 50-200 words each. It is mainly written by one author but is looking for more contributors. The blog ranks #1 on Google for "physics blog" and receives several hundred pageviews a day. Both websites are open to new authors
Physics Post
Contains larger science related articles, 300+ words. Physics Post has been around for around four years. Contains some highlight articles written and given to us by Dr. Michio Kaku, Dr. Michael Shermer and Dr. Paul Davies. Ranks #1 in google for "physics articles" and #8 for "science articles". Gets several thousand pageviews a day. I am offering $5 per accepted article via paypal.

http://www.physicspost.com

Physics Blog
Features science related news and commentary around 50-200 words each. Written mostly by robphy at the moment but would like more contributers. #1 for "physics blog" in google. The blog receives several hundred pageviews a day.

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog

Let me know if you are interested in contributing to either of these. thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd love to help you out on this, Greg, but I can't. While I consider myself a reasonably good writer, I simply don't have the knowledge required for such a thing. My time is limited, as well. If, on the other hand, someone with marginal writing skills would like to collaborate, I'd be happy to help him/her express the thoughts. This is not a pledge of any sort, but I will certainly entertain the notion.

Hi Greg
I registered for the blog but haven't received a password yet.
Looking forward to contributing...

So, what kind of entries are we going for in the blog?
Phobos said:
Can you remind us what kind of content you would like to see in the Blog? Kind of the best of PF? Or just commentary on news items? Mainly physics or any of the sciences? (engineering too?) (critical thinking/skepticism?)

Greg,

I've registered at www.physicsforums.com/blog[/URL], but at the moment I only know how to post comments. How do I go about writing an article?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Greg. I don't have an article to submit to Physics Post, but I've found one which contains a fair few errors/omissions. Would you be interested in accepting some corrections?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Physics Post
Contains larger science related articles, 300+ words. Physics Post has been around for around four years. Contains some highlight articles written and given to us by Dr. Michio Kaku, Dr. Michael Shermer and Dr. Paul Davies. Ranks #1 in google for "physics articles" and #8 for "science articles". Gets several thousand pageviews a day. I am offering $5 per accepted article via paypal.

http://www.physicspost.com

Physics Blog
Features science related news and commentary around 50-200 words each. Written mostly by robphy at the moment but would like more contributers. #1 for "physics blog" in google. The blog receives several hundred pageviews a day.

https://www.physicsforums.com/blog

Let me know if you are interested in contributing to either of these. thanks!

Are new authors still accepted for physicspost? when I clicked on "Become a physics author", it redirected me to a login page for Yahoo.

I would be interested in writing physics articles. I have a PhD in physics and over ten years of teaching experience.

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
matthyaouw said:
Hi Greg. I don't have an article to submit to Physics Post, but I've found one which contains a fair few errors/omissions. Would you be interested in accepting some corrections?

Just wanted to bump this as the offer still stands...

Bumping, always looking for new blog writers

What qualifications are necessary to become an article and blog writer?

To become an article and blog writer, you should have a strong command of language and grammar, excellent research skills, and the ability to write engaging and informative content. A college degree in a related field such as journalism, English, or communications is often preferred by employers.

What types of topics do article and blog writers typically cover?

The topics covered by article and blog writers can vary greatly depending on the industry or niche they are writing for. Some common topics include current events, health and wellness, travel, technology, and personal finance. However, writers may also specialize in specific topics such as fashion, food, or sports.

How do article and blog writers conduct research for their writing?

Article and blog writers typically use a combination of primary and secondary sources for their research. This can include conducting interviews, reading books and articles, and utilizing online resources such as databases and search engines. It is important for writers to fact-check their information and cite their sources accurately.

What are the main responsibilities of an article and blog writer?

The main responsibilities of an article and blog writer include researching and writing high-quality content, meeting deadlines, fact-checking and proofreading their work, and adhering to any specific guidelines or style requirements set by the client. Writers may also be responsible for promoting their work through social media or other channels.

How can I improve my writing skills as an article and blog writer?

There are several ways to improve your writing skills as an article and blog writer. These include reading widely, practicing writing regularly, seeking feedback from others, and staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices. Additionally, taking courses or workshops on writing can also be beneficial.