Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for articles/books about Load Flow Analysis

1. Sep 11, 2014 #1
    With work I have not had much time to research this much myself. I was wondering if anyone could give me a link for an article or book that details the process and why's of this calculation; maybe also a short explanation.

Thank you in advance,
    -Tyler.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2014 #2
    Never mind; I had some free time last night and found a few articles that are pretty interesting, along with several YouTube videos I'm going to try and watch this weekend.

4. Sep 12, 2014 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Can you post a couple links, in case others are interested? Thanks! :smile:

5. Sep 12, 2014 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  6. Sep 12, 2014 #5
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  7. Sep 12, 2014 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Thanks! :smile:

8. Sep 13, 2014 #7
    From
    IEEE 399/1997 IEEE Recommended Practice for Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Analysis Ch.6 Load flow studies:
    "The basic load flow question is this: Given the load power consumption at all buses of a known electric power system configuration and the power production at each generator, find the power flow in each line and transformer of the interconnecting network and the voltage magnitude and phase angle at each bus."
    "Some examples of the uses of load flow studies are to determine the following:
    — Component or circuit loadings
    — Steady-state bus voltages
    — Reactive power flows
    — Transformer tap settings
    — System losses
    — Generator exciter/regulator voltage set points
    — Performance under emergency conditions"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook