Looking for Friend to Discuss Differential Equations

In summary, this thread is about finding a friend to discuss differential equations. If you are interested, you might check out Khan Academy or MathIsPower4u.com for online videos.
Ultra
[Mentor Note -- This thread start is by a new member from the recent MHB forum merger]

Hello Guys, I want to find a friend with whom I can discuss differential equations!

I would like to do that via WhatsApp or zoom applications.
I am interested in applications of differential equations ( for example right now I would like to discuss with someone on how to drive a formula that can predict horizontal range of a projectile fired parallel to the ground.)

Notice: I am 37 years old and I am in introductory level (it might be disappointing for you to discuss with me if you have a deep knowledge of differential equations!)

If you are interested let me know I will find a way to contact you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF (via the merger with MHB)! :smile:
Ultra said:
I want to find a friend with whom I can discuss differential equations!
PF is not really the place to arrange personal connections outside of the open forums. This is for privacy reasons and for anti-phishing reasons. I will move this thread from the technical math forums to the General Discussion forum and close it for now.

In addition to the suggestion above by @jedishrfu you might also check out your local community colleges to see if they have math clubs that meet regularly -- that is a good way to start to make personal local contacts with like-minded folks. Best of luck! :smile:

Likes jedishrfu
Ultra said:
for example right now I would like to discuss with someone on how to drive a formula that can predict horizontal range of a projectile fired parallel to the ground.
FYI, unless you are wanting to include air resistance, you don't need DEs to derive the motion equations for a projectile under the influence of gravity near the Earth's surface. Please read through the threads in the Homework Help, Introductory Physics forum (and do a PF Forum Search for such threads).

If your reading of previous threads does not answer that question, go ahead and start a new thread in the Homework Help, Introductory Physics forum to discuss some typical problem that you have found that you are having trouble solving. As always, when you start such a thread, post links to the reading you have been doing about it, and show your best efforts to work on the problem. You will get great help here. :smile:

Likes PhDeezNutz

1. What are differential equations?

Differential equations are mathematical equations that describe how a quantity changes over time. They involve derivatives, which represent the rate of change of a quantity.

2. Why is it important to have a friend to discuss differential equations with?

Having a friend to discuss differential equations with can help you better understand the concepts and solve problems more effectively. It also allows for collaboration and exchange of ideas, which can lead to a deeper understanding of the subject.

3. What are some real-world applications of differential equations?

Differential equations are used in many fields, including physics, engineering, economics, and biology. They are used to model and predict various phenomena such as population growth, chemical reactions, and electrical circuits.

4. Are differential equations difficult to learn?

Like any subject, the difficulty of learning differential equations depends on the individual. Some find it challenging, while others may find it easier. However, with practice and a good understanding of calculus, anyone can learn and master differential equations.

5. How can I improve my understanding of differential equations?

Some tips for improving your understanding of differential equations include practicing regularly, seeking help from a friend or tutor, and working through examples and problems. It is also helpful to have a strong foundation in calculus and other related mathematical concepts.