Looking to discuss the philosophical foundations of mathematic

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter homology
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Foundations Mathematic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
homology
Messages
305
Reaction score
1
Folks,

A friend and I are interested in finding a forum to discuss the philosophy of the foundations of mathematics. He's a mathematician and I'm a mathematical physicist. Some of the topics we're interested in are understanding intuitionism and understanding Wittgenstein's lectures on the foundations of mathematics. We're interested in many topics, though these are the ones we're currently working on.

Any recommendations as to where, online, we could join and have conversations?

Cheers,

Kevin
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you find somewhere good, report back here so that I can check it out too :p. It is not so easy to find meaningful discussion of these heavy topics I think. Might have to stick with the academic literature.