Looking for Leveled Science Books: Any Recommendations?

• Classical
  • Thread starter Montserrat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books Science
In summary: Duly noted. I was just trying to "save some time" taking advantage from your knowledge ... ;-)Once again ... thanks a lot !N/P...Actually, I think it is a lot of fun to just scroll through the listing and see what you can find. I always find lots of things to take a look at and download to read... and sometimes find a 'hard' copy of in the library.The semi-random flood of content is half the fun. I am now reading a book I found on there by Patrick Moore on the subject of people with fairly outlandish theories and models... curated in a fairly gentle manner.It is entitled 'Do you Speak
Montserrat
I'm looking for leveled books of original most important scientists' titles, both for aprox.3 - 4 grade and / or beginners in science. I would appreciate any information available, either in English, or Spanish.
Tjank you in advance. Montserrat

Physics news on Phys.org
Beware of 'budget' facsimile editions as you may find them illegible, with badly scanned pages smudged and/or skew...

Thanks for your advise ...

diogenesNY said:
Have a look here: https://archive.org/details/folkscanomy_science

Lots of titles, most Public domain or other permissive licence. All levels of background... you will be amazed what you will find.

Check it out.

diogenesNY

Great ! Thanks a lot.
Do you think those would be suitable for beginners ??

Well, you will have to scroll through them and take your measure.

There is an enormous quantity of books ranging across multiple topics and all levels of skill and experience. Just start scrolling through them. Most will probably not be of interest, but you will certainly find examples of what you are looking for. An added bonus is that they can all be downloaded in a variety of formats, including .pdf.

Lots of stuff there, it is up to you to pick the gems from the pebbles.

diogenesNY

diogenesNY said:
Well, you will have to scroll through them and take your measure.

There is an enormous quantity of books ranging across multiple topics and all levels of skill and experience. Just start scrolling through them. Most will probably not be of interest, but you will certainly find examples of what you are looking for. An added bonus is that they can all be downloaded in a variety of formats, including .pdf.

Lots of stuff there, it is up to you to pick the gems from the pebbles.

diogenesNY

Duly noted. I was just trying to "save some time" taking advantage from your knowledge ... ;-)
Once again ... thanks a lot !

N/P...

Actually, I think it is a lot of fun to just scroll through the listing and see what you can find. I always find lots of things to take a look at and download to read... and sometimes find a 'hard' copy of in the library.

The semi-random flood of content is half the fun. I am now reading a book I found on there by Patrick Moore on the subject of people with fairly outlandish theories and models... curated in a fairly gentle manner.

It is entitled 'Do you Speak Venusian?' and it is a lot of fun.

diogenesNY

Related to Looking for Leveled Science Books: Any Recommendations?

1. What are leveled science books?

Leveled science books are books that have been specifically designed and written for students at different reading levels. These books are often used in classrooms to provide students with science content that is appropriate for their reading abilities.

2. Why are leveled science books important?

Leveled science books are important because they allow students to access science content that is appropriate for their reading level. This helps to build their confidence and understanding of scientific concepts, and can also help to improve their reading skills.

3. How do I know which leveled science books are right for my students?

There are a few factors to consider when choosing leveled science books for your students. These include their current reading level, their interests, and the specific science topics you want to cover. It can also be helpful to consult with other educators or use online resources for recommendations.

4. Are there leveled science books for all grade levels?

Yes, there are leveled science books available for all grade levels, from kindergarten to high school. These books are often categorized by reading level, such as beginner, intermediate, and advanced, to help educators choose the most appropriate books for their students.

5. Can leveled science books be used for independent reading?

Yes, leveled science books can be used for independent reading. They are designed to be accessible and engaging for students at their reading level, so they can be a great resource for students to explore science topics on their own.