Looking for QM solving/graphing software?

In summary, there are various downloadable and web-based applications available for theoretical and quantum mechanical physics equations, such as Maxima, Euler, and Sage. These programs offer features such as solving and graphing equations, graphical depictions of principles and equations, and some are available as freeware. Additionally, websites like www.fxsolver.com also provide solved examples for reference.
chuchulainn
I was wondering whether anyone knows of any downloadable or web-based applications that are geared toward theoretical and quantum mechanical physics equations.

My IDEAL program would have:
-The ability to solve and graph equations from quantum mechanics and theoretical physics (such as Loop Quantum Gravity equations, but I know such software is improbable to exist)
-Graphical depictions of principles and equations
-Preferably freeware

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is A LOT of software out there, you'd be surprised...here are some:

Maxima
Euler
Sage

The last one is actually a conglomerate of dozens of different programs with different specializations...you may find some very specific tool there for a very specific task.

What is QM?

QM stands for Quantum Mechanics, a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles.

Why do I need software for QM solving and graphing?

QM equations and graphs can become complex and difficult to solve by hand. Software can quickly and accurately solve equations and create visual representations of data, making it easier for scientists to analyze and understand their data.

What features should I look for in QM solving/graphing software?

Some important features to look for include the ability to solve complex equations, create visual representations of data, and perform simulations. Other features may include a user-friendly interface, the ability to customize settings, and the option to save and export data.

Is there free QM solving/graphing software available?

Yes, there are several free QM solving/graphing software options available, such as Octave, Maxima, and Graphical QM. These software programs offer a range of features and can be a great option for scientists on a budget.

Can QM solving/graphing software be used for research purposes?

Yes, QM solving/graphing software can be used for research purposes. However, it is important to properly cite and acknowledge the use of any software in research publications. Additionally, some software may have limitations or errors, so it is important to thoroughly validate the results obtained from the software.