1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for some physics guidence please

1. Jun 13, 2013 #1
    Looking for some physics guidence please....

Hello guys. Basically im not studying or in any form of education im actually a aerospace engineer so don't really have much to do with this field unlike you guys apart from a big interest. I love astrology, and the physics involved etc and often read about the standard model and how things work at the quantum level and find it amazing. However as I left school 10 years ago now my very basic understanding of atomic structures, energy states, etc is a little crap to say the least which leaves me really struggling when reading about more in depth concepts. Is there any books or websites out there that will take me back to basics and get me working in the rite direction please guys.

cheers Rick

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2013 #2
  4. Jun 14, 2013 #3
    I would recommend my Modern Physics book "Modern Physics" by Paul A Tipler and Ralph Llewellyn. My class recommended the sixth edition, but I used the fifth edition and had no problems. It is quite easy to read and follow along with although the special relativity portion wasn't that clear to me at first. The other stuff was really good and if you can get a hold of the solutions manual you should do well reading the book and working through the problems.

5. Jun 14, 2013 #4

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

BTW, astrology is not physics!

6. Jun 14, 2013 #5
    Agreed. Perhaps he meant astronomy? I hope he meant astronomy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook