Looking for the Vintage movie on Physics -- shows swimmer diving

In summary, the conversation is about a movie that discusses the arrow of time and features a scene where a swimmer dives and then the sequence is shown in reverse. The movie was made decades ago and is in black and white. The person is asking for the title or where they can find a copy of the movie. Another person suggests a series of physics videos from the 1960s that may include the movie, but the person confirms that it is not included and will continue to search for it.
Carolyn252
In discussing the arrow of time, the movie shows the swimmer diving and then shows the sequence in reverse so that the diver is seen going from the water back to the diving board. The movie was made decades ago; it's a black and white film, about an hour long. Anyone know the title or where I can get a copy?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you SO much.

Will explore them and see if it's in that list of videos.
Much obliged.
-Carolyn252

Looked at them. The one I'm looking for is not there. I'll keep hunting. I believe it was made in the late 1950's or early '60's. Arrow of time, or entropy...
Thanks everyone for any further info.
-Carolyn252

1. What is the vintage movie on physics about?

The vintage movie on physics titled "Looking for the Vintage movie on Physics -- shows swimmer diving" is a film that explores the science of physics through the art of diving.

2. When was the vintage movie on physics released?

The specific release date for the vintage movie on physics "Looking for the Vintage movie on Physics -- shows swimmer diving" is unknown, as it was likely released several decades ago.

3. Who directed the vintage movie on physics?

The director of the vintage movie on physics "Looking for the Vintage movie on Physics -- shows swimmer diving" is also unknown, as the film was likely created before the widespread use of film credits.

4. Is the vintage movie on physics accurate?

As with any film, the accuracy of the vintage movie on physics "Looking for the Vintage movie on Physics -- shows swimmer diving" cannot be guaranteed. However, it is likely that the filmmakers consulted with experts in the field of physics to ensure the information presented was as accurate as possible.

5. Can I watch the vintage movie on physics online?

It is unlikely that the vintage movie on physics "Looking for the Vintage movie on Physics -- shows swimmer diving" is available to watch online. It may be possible to find a physical copy of the film through vintage or specialty film retailers.