Making "c" the Subject of a=bc(d)^c

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Einstein's Cat
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Einstein's Cat
Messages
182
Reaction score
2
Apologises if this question is not appropriate for this thread but it seemed less suitable to the homework thread as I'm not sure whether it's possible (although I'm hopeful that it is). This question is a product of my self- study of maths and that I've already asked my maths teacher; who was unable to answer.

The question is this: how do I make the term "c" the subject of the equation below?

a = bc (d)^c

Many thanks for your time.
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Einstein's Cat said:
Apologises if this question is not appropriate for this thread but it seemed less suitable to the homework thread as I'm not sure whether it's possible (although I'm hopeful that it is). This question is a product of my self- study of maths and that I've already asked my maths teacher; who was unable to answer.

The question is this: how do I make the term "c" the subject of the equation below?

a = bc (d)^c

Many thanks for your time.

I was not able to solve this using logarithms. Probably, this is not solvable using elementary algebra.
 
Math_QED said:
I was not able to solve this using logarithms. Probably, this is not solvable using elementary algebra.
Are there any alternative methods in which it could be solved?

Also, I must say that the terms "d" and "b" are constant.
 
Last edited: