Looking for internet famous math prob on dist law.

In summary, the conversation discussed a math problem that stumped some pro mathematicians a few years ago, involving the order of operations and specific values of integers. The problem sparked a debate among math educators and students about the use of PEMDAS and the correct answer to the problem. The conversation also touched on other interesting math topics such as the value of 0^0, zero as a natural number, and the Lambert W function. Ultimately, the Lambert W function was found to have various applications in different fields of study.
houlahound said:
OK this I can do, expansion of W

4a2ed7adc15f924f42c2a022562f7f06.png

This maybe

Yes, in the same way that the sin and the logarithm have such expansions! You see, there is little difference between the W and the logarithm. The only difference is that you've learned the log at a young age and thus are more "used" to it.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
But this discussion started that W can not be expressed by more elementary functions when from above clearly it can.

I have really enjoyed and value this discussion cos I got some new math. Appreciate you sticking with.

houlahound said:
But this discussion started that W can not be expressed by more elementary functions when from above clearly it can.

The term elementary function is a technical term with a very specific meaning. You shouldn't put too much importance at these terms. A function being not-elementary doesn't mean it's hard to compute or anything.