Maple Partial Sum Problem: How to Find the Sum of a Series on Maple 13

  • Topic: Maple 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Teachme
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Maple Partial Sum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Teachme
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
So I'm trying to figure out how to find that partial sum of a given summation of a series on maple 13. Iv tried looking all over the internet for answers to my problem, but no site seems to answer my problem. I am trying to find the sum of a series. When i plug in 1/x^2 and evaluate I get the correct sum of the series, but when I plug in a summation of a series such as
(1+1/n)^n it simply does not evaluate the series sum. I included a couple pictures of what I am doing, so that might help. As you can see in the first picture, it evaluates the sum. But in the second one it just gives me it in summation form and even when i go to evaluate it gives the same thing.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for reading.
 
Attachments
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 540
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 522
Physics news on Phys.org
Your second sum will not converge - I suggest you look more closely at the question.
The individual terms (1 + 1/n)n -> e as n becomes infinite.