1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mason-Weaver equation and time dependend solutions

1. Jan 10, 2013 #1
    Hello,

I need your help or rather guidance in relation to Mason-Weaver concentration equation. I would like to learn more on that matter because I need to describe a specific problem with it (sedimentation of coffee particles in a cylindrical vessel).

I can qualitatively describe how concentration changes with respect to height in vessel (exponent function), but what I would need is a relation to how concentration changes with respect to time on a fixed height and approx. values of different constants that take place in the equation.

All the material I got from the internet is from Wikipedia page, I can't find any good examples to point me in the right direction, so I came asking here.

Thanks for your time.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2013 #2
    The concept of "settling velocity", the terminal velocity of a particle in a medium exhibiting non-zero bouyancy (either positive or negative), might be useful here.
    Terminal velocity is dependent on the size (radius) of the particle, the difference in density, and the viscosity of the fluid.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook