Mass-luminosity relationship for red giants and AGB stars?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter tovisonnenberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Relationship Stars
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
tovisonnenberg
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
TL;DR
Hello! I'm attempting to find the mass of a red giant and an AGB star.
Hello! I'm attempting to find the mass of a red giant and an AGB star. I have their luminosities, radii, and the masses of their cores. I'm looking for some kind of mass-luminosity relationship. Do you know of any, or do you know of a good place to look for such equations? Thanks!
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Change et al. Astrophys.J. 732 (2011) 25 has radius-density profiles. If you know the core mass, you're just one integral away from all you need.