Mass of Pion in Gev/c^2: Calculate and Convert

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abby D
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pions
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Abby D
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The mass of a pion is 2.5x10^-28kg.
Calculate the mass of a pion in Gev/c^2. I really don't understand how to do these, as I always divide/multiply the wrong numbers etc.
Does anyone have any ways to remember which way round you do it? (1eV = 1.6x10^-19J) I get confused whether to times or divide by this.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Abby D said:
The mass of a pion is 2.5x10^-28kg.
Calculate the mass of a pion in Gev/c^2.I really don't understand how to do these, as I always divide/multiply the wrong numbers etc.
Does anyone have any ways to remember which way round you do it? (1eV = 1.6x10^-19J) I get confused whether to times or divide by this.

Thanks!

How would you calculate how much energy equivalent is in the mass of a pion? What formula would you use?