Mathematical model for reducing mri noise

In summary, dears you should study MRI technics, survey about causes of acoustic noise, study and survey about models related to AN, measure AN in different conditions, design a model based on physical and electromechanical equations, assess the model, and compare results with measurement amounts.
landa110
dears
I study nuclear engineering (medical radiation ,MS) , my proposal for graduation is
(Modeling of Acoustical Noise in MRI and It Is Validation Through Measurements).
I want to make and deliver a mathematical model for reducing noise in mri,would you please tell me what should i do? and how can i make this model?and how can i analyse the noises which i have recorded by voice recorder?
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Please give us some idea of your background. What do you know of MRI? Do you know the causes of the noise? How about electrical engineering, particularly material relating to signals and analysis. How much do you understand about spectral analysis? Time domain analysis? Finally how much mechanical engineering (vibrations, stiffness of materials, modes, sound propagation) is in your background? This will help us guide you.

Thank you for your reply
My base is applying mathematics and I know about MRI technics , I know about electromagnetic and mechanics , I know about signals and analysis by mathlab
Software, but I do not know anything about spectral analysis and Time domain analysis and vibrations, stiffness of materials, modes, sound propagation.
But in this project I want to deliver a mathematical model theorycaly and answer the following questions.

1- study and survey about causes of Acoustic Noise in MRI.
2- study and survey about models which related to AN(Acoustic Noise).
3- measurement of AN in different conditions MRI technics.
4- designing model according physical and electromechanical equations in MRI
technics.
5- assessment of model, according camparison of conclusion by Measurement
amounts.

Thank you

Your background as stated seems sound, so I'm uncertain how to advise you. Your questions:
landa110 said:
I want to make and deliver a mathematical model for reducing noise in mri,would you please tell me what should i do? and how can i make this model?and how can i analyse the noises which i have recorded by voice recorder?
thank you

essentially are asking for someone to plan your project for you, lay out the analysis, and tell you exactly how to perform the work. Planning someone's MS thesis project is a little out of scope for an online help forum.

Please don't take this the wrong way if I'm off base, but my thought right now is that you might look at choosing a different project that's a better fit to your areas of expertise. As a test of appropriateness, you should have some idea of how to get started, what kinds of analysis are required (at least in general), and what's needed to complete the project--on your own. Your thesis advisor should be helpful as well.

I think that we at PF are better suited to answering a specific technical question that arises during your work, as opposed to acting as a general thesis advisor. Perhaps someone else here has a different perspective, however...

I am very interested in your proposal for reducing noise in MRI through a mathematical model. This is a very important area of research as MRI noise can be uncomfortable for patients and can even affect the quality of the images.

To create a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise, you will need to first understand the physics behind the noise generation in MRI. This can include factors such as gradient switching, acoustic coupling, and vibration of the scanner components. Once you have a good understanding of these factors, you can then start to develop equations and algorithms that can predict and reduce the noise levels.

One approach could be to use numerical simulations to model the MRI scanner and its components, and then use these simulations to predict the noise levels at different points in the scanner. You can then test different noise reduction techniques and see which ones are most effective in reducing the noise levels.

To analyze the noises recorded by a voice recorder, you can use signal processing techniques such as Fourier analysis or spectral analysis. These can help you identify the frequencies and patterns of the noise, which can then inform your mathematical model.

Overall, creating a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise will require a combination of understanding the physics behind the noise, using numerical simulations, and analyzing recorded noises. I wish you the best of luck with your research and proposal.

1. What is a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise?

A mathematical model for reducing MRI noise is a set of equations or algorithms that are used to process MRI images and reduce the amount of noise present in them. This can improve the quality of the images and make it easier to interpret them.

2. How does a mathematical model reduce MRI noise?

A mathematical model for reducing MRI noise works by analyzing the noise in the MRI images and using mathematical techniques to filter out the noise while preserving the important information in the image. This can be achieved through various methods such as Fourier transforms, wavelets, and statistical approaches.

3. What are the benefits of using a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise?

Using a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise can improve the accuracy and clarity of MRI images, making it easier for healthcare professionals to make diagnoses and treatment plans. It can also reduce the need for repeat scans, saving time and resources.

4. Are there any limitations to using a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise?

While mathematical models can effectively reduce MRI noise, they are not perfect and can sometimes introduce artifacts or distortions into the images. Additionally, the effectiveness of the model may vary depending on the type of noise present in the images.

5. Is a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise applicable to all types of MRI scans?

Yes, a mathematical model for reducing MRI noise can be applied to all types of MRI scans, including structural, functional, and diffusion-weighted imaging. However, the specific parameters and settings of the model may need to be adjusted for each type of scan to achieve optimal results.