Mathematical Solution in Inequality

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem about inequalities involving variables a, b, c, and d. The possibility of finding a connection between a and d is brought up, but without further information, it is difficult to determine. The use of "x" for multiplication is discouraged and the conversation also touches on the proper notation for writing inequalities.
Quarlep
Hi I have a problem about Inequality.

Let's suppose we have a inequality like this:

[tex]axb≥d[/tex] and [tex]cxd≥d[/tex] so I want to find connection between a and d its possible to do something like that
Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Quarlep said:
Hi I have a problem about Inequality.

Let's suppose we have a inequality like this:

[tex]axb≥d[/tex] and [tex]cxd≥d[/tex] so I want to find connection between a and d its possible to do something like that
Thanks
Just to be clear, is 'x' a variable or are you using it to indicate multiplication?

Is the second inequality meant to involve d on each side?

İts a multiplication

I am sorry.Here the right one

[tex]axb≥d[/tex]
and [tex]cxf≥d[/tex]

With no further information, there isn't much you can say about the relationship between a and d. Furthermore, the second inequality is of no help.

Questions: sign of a, sign of d, sign and size of b.

Last edited:
Quarlep said:
İts a multiplication
Because x is used so often in algebra, trig and higher mathematics disciplines, it's bad practice to use 'x' to indicate multiplication.

It's clearer to write your inequalities like this:

ab ≥ d
cf ≥ d

Quarlep said:
İts a multiplication

The times symbol is not ##x##, it is ##\times##. Use "\times" to get LaTeX to write it.

1. What is a mathematical solution in inequality?

A mathematical solution in inequality is a set of values that satisfies the given inequality. It is represented by an inequality symbol (<, >, ≤, ≥) and a variable or set of variables.

2. How is a mathematical solution in inequality different from a regular equation?

A mathematical solution in inequality involves finding a range of possible values that satisfy the given inequality, while a regular equation involves finding a specific value that makes the equation true.

3. What are the different methods for solving inequalities?

There are several methods for solving inequalities, including the addition and subtraction method, multiplication and division method, and the graphing method. Each method involves manipulating the given inequality to isolate the variable and determine the solution set.

4. How do you know if a solution to an inequality is inclusive or exclusive?

If the inequality symbol is < or >, the solution is exclusive, meaning the value is not included in the solution set. If the inequality symbol is ≤ or ≥, the solution is inclusive, meaning the value is included in the solution set.

5. Are there any restrictions on the values in a mathematical solution in inequality?

Yes, there may be restrictions on the values in a mathematical solution in inequality, such as the variable cannot equal 0 or the denominator cannot equal 0. These restrictions are important to consider when determining the solution set.