Maximum area of rectangle with base on x-axis and vertices on y = e^(-x^2)

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Sanosuke Sagara
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Differentiation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Sanosuke Sagara
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Two vertices of a rectangle lie on the x-axis and the other two vertices lie on the curve y = e^(-x^2) . Find the maximum area of the rectangle.

I can't understand with the question and I can't imagine the real diagram as I don't know how to sketch y = e^(-x^2) graph.I hope that somebody will try to draw me out the diagram so that I can understand better and I can solve this question later.I know that my request is too "EXTREMITY" but somebody please help me.

Thanks for anybody that spend some time on this question.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I really need someone to help me figure out what kind of graph this is and I first say sorry for my request that are too "EXTREMITY"