MCNP4 Trouble -- Zero results with tally type 4

• Thread starter bozinion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type Zero
In summary, "MCNP4 Trouble -- Zero results with tally type 4" is an error message that indicates there were no results found for the specific tally type 4 in the MCNP4 program. This can be fixed by checking input parameters and troubleshooting the simulation, and can occur with other tally types as well. To prevent this error, it is important to carefully review and double-check input parameters before running the simulation. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to seek help from experienced users or the MCNP4 support team.
bozinion
TL;DR Summary
mcnp zero results with tally type 4
hello. I am trying to calculaty flux in bioshield cell but i get zero (f44, f54) and i can't figure out the reason please help :) txt file is a part of the code
1624143951528.png

Attachments

• cyl32.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 146
Engineering news on Phys.org
If you don't provide the full input file, we can't run it to work out what might be the problem.

agree with Alex A

1. What is MCNP4 and what is tally type 4?

MCNP4 is a Monte Carlo N-Particle transport code used for simulating and analyzing the behavior of particles in a system. Tally type 4 is a type of scoring in MCNP4 that calculates the flux of particles crossing a specified surface or volume.

2. Why am I getting zero results with tally type 4?

There are several possible reasons for getting zero results with tally type 4. It could be due to incorrect input parameters, insufficient number of particles in the simulation, or a problem with the geometry or material definitions.

3. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

To troubleshoot the issue, you can check the input file for any errors or inconsistencies, increase the number of particles in the simulation, and review the geometry and material definitions for accuracy. You can also consult the MCNP4 user manual or seek help from experienced users.

4. Are there any common mistakes that lead to zero results with tally type 4?

Yes, some common mistakes include using the wrong units for the input parameters, not defining the tally region correctly, or forgetting to specify the desired output units. It is important to carefully review the input file and double-check all parameters to avoid these errors.

5. Can I use tally type 4 for all types of simulations?

No, tally type 4 is specifically designed for calculating flux in a system. It may not be suitable for all types of simulations, such as those involving complex geometries or high-energy particles. It is important to understand the capabilities and limitations of each tally type in MCNP4 and choose the appropriate one for your simulation.