Meanwhile, Microsoft Buys Danger For $500 Million

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
In summary: Let me think on that for a bit. She's still fairly hot for an old broad, but you already have most of our best players. It's not an easy decision.
Physics news on Phys.org
Why Danger, I'm so proud to be among your very best PF friends!

Indeed, I had no idea you were up for sale...ol' buddy ol' pal! :biggrin:

Well, I had no idea that I was so popular. Perhaps I should have taken bids. I would rather be owned by the Sisterhood than Bill Gates. :-p
Now I suppose that I have to start malfunctioning.

hypatia said:
Why Danger, I'm so proud to be among your very best PF friends!

Likewise, Sweetheart.

Jeez, I was going to offer $1.75 and figured I had legitimate shot...

russ_watters said:
Jeez, I was going to offer $1.75 and figured I had legitimate shot...

I would have considered taking the $1.75, as long as it was accompanied by a written promise to become a card-carrying Democrat. :-p

Sellout. =/

Poop-Loops said:
Sellout. =/

Hey, I have vices to support, you know.

Danger said:
Well, I had no idea that I was so popular. Perhaps I should have taken bids. I would rather be owned by the Sisterhood than Bill Gates. :-p

:smile: OH, THAT'S why microsoft wanted you! They don't have to work too hard to break you, some components are already failing. :-p :biggrin:

Danger said:
You can just keep on with all your bad habits, but now they won't be faults - they'll be "features". :smile:

Danger said:
I would have considered taking the $1.75, as long as it was accompanied by a written promise to become a card-carrying Democrat. :-p
Sure, why not - as long as I don't have to vote for one, I'll carry whatever card makes you happy.

So now Clippy will say "Eh"?

TVP45 said:

:smile: :smile: :smile:

That took me a minute!

Math Is Hard said:
:smile: :smile: :smile:

That took me a minute!

Just remember that there is nothing that can't be improved by bad puns and arcane references.:biggrin:

Roflmao3!

TVP45 said:

If MIH is laughing, that must be funny... but I can't get it. Who or what is 'Clippy'? :confused:

Danger said:
If MIH is laughing, that must be funny... but I can't get it. Who or what is 'Clippy'? :confused:

Here he is. Helpful little guy..

http://computer-vet.com/weblog/screenshots/clippy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, okay. I was suspecting that it might be some sort of knickname for Hillary Clinton. :redface:

Danger said:
Oh, okay. I was suspecting that it might be some sort of knickname for Hillary Clinton. :redface:

Ouch! That hurts. BTW, we'll trade her to you for another good hockey player.:smile:

TVP45 said:
we'll trade her to you for another good hockey player.:smile:

Let me think on that for a bit. She's still fairly hot for an old broad, but you already have most of our best players. It's not an easy decision.

Related to Meanwhile, Microsoft Buys Danger For $500 Million

1. What is the significance of Microsoft buying Danger for $500 million?

Microsoft's purchase of Danger for $500 million is significant because it marks the company's entry into the mobile phone market. Danger was a pioneer in the smartphone industry, and by acquiring the company, Microsoft gains access to its technology and expertise in this rapidly growing market.

2. What does Danger bring to Microsoft's portfolio?

Danger brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in the design and development of mobile phones, particularly in the area of software. The company's expertise in creating user-friendly interfaces and integrating different applications will be valuable to Microsoft as it seeks to compete with other smartphone manufacturers.

3. What are the potential benefits for Microsoft in this deal?

This acquisition offers several potential benefits for Microsoft. It allows the company to expand its presence in the mobile phone market, which is expected to continue growing in the coming years. It also gives Microsoft access to Danger's loyal customer base and its innovative technology, which can be integrated into future products.

4. What does this mean for Danger and its customers?

For Danger, this deal means increased resources and support from a major technology company. It also provides the opportunity for the company to reach a wider audience and potentially expand its offerings. For Danger's customers, it could mean more advanced and integrated features on their mobile devices as Microsoft incorporates Danger's technology into its products.

5. How does this acquisition fit into Microsoft's overall strategy?

Microsoft has been working to diversify its portfolio beyond its traditional software products, and this purchase aligns with that strategy. The company has been investing in the mobile market for some time, and the acquisition of Danger further solidifies that commitment. It also allows Microsoft to compete more directly with other major players in the smartphone industry, such as Apple and Samsung.