Mechanical Energy of a Homogeneous Circular Wheel Rolling at Different Speeds

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
bambi14
<Moderator's note: Moved from a technical forum and therefore no template.>

Hello, first I'm sorry for my English. I have a problem with my exam task, this answer wasn't done good according to the professor and I have not idea how I can do it in a different way.Write mechanical energy homogeneous circular wheel with a radius R rolling in the horizontal plane at the speed of its center v0 if at the point of contact with the plane homogeneous circular wheel speed is three times lower.
 
Attachments
  • 9207548_IMG_20170828_163350.jpg
    9207548_IMG_20170828_163350.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 476
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please post these kind of questions in our homework section and use the (automatically inserted) template there. (Not this one, because I moved it into the homework section, but next time.)
Also please consider to type your efforts in our editor rather than upload an image which is hard to read, especially on mobile devices. You can and should use LaTeX for formulas. For a brief introduction see: https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

With pictures of poor quality you will risk, that people don't want to answer, because they do not feel the need to decipher your formulas. At least this is my point of view: Why should I spent more effort on an answer than it took you to deal with the problem?