Mechanical Physics for the sake of Horology

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 641 views
Nick Amos
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
My Introduction

-Berklee Grad
-Machinist
-Father of two
-HUGE horology nerd

In joining this website I hope to gain some deeper understanding of the mathematics and predicted behaviors of a Spherical Pendulum. I stumbled across a physics paper, several actually on the subject that peaked my interest but they're loaded with more information than I can digest. I also hope to connect with others who have experience with programs like Wolfram or MapleSoft (or others) so that I can visualize, customize conditions, and record my explorations into the subject.

I'm very interested in designing and building a new type of mechanical clock that exploits specific traits of the spherical pendulum system to achieve accurate(TBD) levels of timekeeping.

If you have any advice or a solid direction to point me into I will be eager to read on and keep digging at these subjects.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Janosh89
Physics news on Phys.org