1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Taking mechanical physics next fall

1. Feb 22, 2012 #1
    Right now I am taking conceptual physics which is the most basic physics class
    my college offers.

I am taking Calculus 1 right now and plan to take calculus 2 in the summer (2 month course).
    So do you think calc 1 and 2 will be enough to be prepared for mech physics? Or do you think i should have probably taken algebra-based physics before calculus-based physics(mech phys)?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2012 #2

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You should be well prepared for mechanical calculus based Physics having completed calc 1 and 2 (especially calc 1). No need to take algebra based physics...in fact, calc based physics may be easier since you can better understand the derivation of the equations. Note that calc based physics, just like algebra based physics, also requires a good working knowledge of algebra, which I assume you have.

Welcome to PF! And if you need assistance when taking Physics (or Calc 2), be sure to ask for help in the Homework Help forum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook