Mechanism to Automatically Lower Heater for Sealing Packaging

In summary: That one creates almost infinite force at the end of the stroke; you may not need that much, saving some of the trajectory of the lever by using less mechanical advantage.
Shees
Hi i need a mechanism to lower the heater to certain height then it will automatically go up. It could be auto or manual hand mechanism. In short i need a mechanism which is installed in drill press table machine to lower drill bit. But in my scenario it is heater to seal small packaging of aluminium to plastic. Thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome, shees :cool:

Is that heating element fixed or rotating around the vertical axis?
How long should the heater remain in lowest position?
Any force should be applied?
Should you be able to regulate the vertical gap between table and heater (variable thickness of material to be fused)?

Likes Shees
Shees said:
Hi i need a mechanism to lower the heater to certain height then it will automatically go up. It could be auto or manual hand mechanism. In short i need a mechanism which is installed in drill press table machine to lower drill bit. But in my scenario it is heater to seal small packaging of aluminium to plastic. Thanks in advance
You can buy drill press stands without the drill -- could you base your heater press on one of these?

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/5318/item/264

1597755547399.png

Likes Shees
Lnewqban said:
Welcome, shees :cool:

Is that heating element fixed or rotating around the vertical axis?
How long should the heater remain in lowest position?
Any force should be applied?
Should you be able to regulate the vertical gap between table and heater (variable thickness of material to be fused)?
Hi Sir, Thanks for response.
Yes time will be variable depend upon at which material is being used. Heating element will be fixed at top side which will move up and down towards table. There will be minimum force apply to cut aluminium sheet and paste it on plastic cup. My main problem is which mechanism to use for lifting and lowering the whole mechanism.

Shees said:
... My main problem is which mechanism to use for lifting and lowering the whole mechanism.
You are welcome :smile:

Find "presses" and "eccentrics" at this link:
http://507movements.com/toc.html

:cool:

Likes berkeman and Shees
Shees said:
Thanks for link. I think this one will work http://507movements.com/mm_140.html
That one creates almost infinite force at the end of the stroke; you may not need that much, saving some of the trajectory of the lever by using less mechanical advantage.
You are welcome :smile:

1. How does the mechanism work?

The mechanism uses sensors to detect the temperature of the packaging material. Once the desired temperature is reached, the heater automatically lowers to seal the packaging. This ensures consistent and precise sealing every time.

2. Is the mechanism adjustable for different packaging materials?

Yes, the mechanism can be adjusted to accommodate different types of packaging materials. This can be done by setting the desired temperature and adjusting the sensors accordingly.

3. Can the mechanism be integrated with existing packaging equipment?

Yes, the mechanism can be easily integrated with existing packaging equipment. It can be installed as an add-on or as part of a new packaging system.

4. Is the mechanism safe to use?

Yes, the mechanism is designed with safety in mind. It is equipped with safety features such as automatic shut-off in case of any malfunctions or overheating.

5. How does the mechanism improve the packaging process?

The mechanism automates the sealing process, eliminating the need for manual labor and reducing the risk of human error. This results in faster and more efficient packaging, saving time and resources for businesses.