Meeting Computer Science Department Requirements: GPA and Retaking Courses

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
bdh2991
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
I'm currently pursuing a degree in computer science...

my requirements to enter into the department are a 3.0 GPA average in Calc 1 and 2, Eng 1 and 2, and Physics 1 and 2.

I currently have B's in everything except calc 2 and physics 1...but i am currently retaking physics 1 at the moment. This means that i have to get an A in physics 1 this semester, to enter into the department of engineering and start my computer science classes.

Here's the issue...I got a 100 on my first Physics test...i took the next test today and got a 70 on it, which makes me worried i won't pass it with an A...I figured out the math and basically i have to get an A on the next test and an A on the final exam in order to achieve the correct GPA requirements...

There isn't much i can do except try my best at this point, but I'm concerned that if i don't get the grade i need in physics i will have to either spend a whole other semester retaking calc 2 or some other class and get either an a or b in it or switch my major, or go to another university with lower requirements (not likely).

I really want to do computer science and have found i really enjoy programming, and I honestly don't see myself being interested in any other area of engineering...

Any advice?
 
Physics news on Phys.org