Messing up my algebra seriously i need to re-learn my algebra

• Thread starter camboguy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra
In summary, the given expression is being simplified incorrectly and the most challenging step is factorising the denominator.
camboguy
messing up my algebra... seriously... i need to re-learn my algebra...

The Attempt at a Solution

ok so i have.
((3x^2)-6x)/(3((x^3)-(3x^2))^(2/3))

and i simplified it too.
((3x^2)-6x)/(3((x^(5/3))-(3x^(4/3))^(2/3))

then further simplified it too.
(3x(x-2))/(3x(x^(2/3))-(3x^(1/3)))

then got
((x-2))/((x^(2/3))-(3x^(1/3)))

i found out that i am doing it wrong but i don't know what...

Thank You ahead of time. Thank You.

Physics news on Phys.org

I've no idea what you've done form line 1 to line 2. However, [tex](a+b)^c\neq a^c+b^c [/tex], in general.

I would start by factorising the terms in the denominator.

The most problematic part of solving this would be when factorising the denominator:

Generally, [tex](ax+bx)^n = (x[a+b])^n = x^n(a+b)^n[/tex]

1. What is the best way to re-learn algebra?

The best way to re-learn algebra is to start by reviewing the fundamentals, such as basic operations, equations, and functions. Then, practice solving problems and seek help from a tutor or online resources if needed. It's important to be patient and persistent in your practice.

2. How can I overcome my fear of algebra?

A good way to overcome your fear of algebra is to change your mindset and approach it as a puzzle or a challenge rather than something to be afraid of. You can also try breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts, and seeking help from a tutor or study group.

3. What are some resources for re-learning algebra?

There are many resources available for re-learning algebra, such as online tutorials, textbooks, practice problems, and video lessons. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group to get extra support and guidance.

4. How long does it take to re-learn algebra?

The time it takes to re-learn algebra varies for each individual and depends on factors such as your previous knowledge, learning style, and dedication. It's important to stay consistent in your practice and seek help when needed. With dedication, you can improve your algebra skills in a few weeks to a few months.

5. How important is it to re-learn algebra?

Algebra is an essential foundation for many fields, including science, engineering, and economics. It's also a valuable problem-solving skill that can be applied in everyday life. Re-learning algebra can greatly benefit your academic and professional development, and improve your critical thinking skills.