Michael Jackson rushed to hospital

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jackson
In summary, Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home. According to TMZ, Jackson is in a coma and may have died as a result of an overdose or suicide attempt.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop star Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home, the Los Angeles Times reported on Thursday.
The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

No further details were immediately available, and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment...
http://ca.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idCATRE55O6AK20090625

Physics news on Phys.org
I work right next to the med center and I hear the noisy helicopters overhead. On CNN website, it did not look like they had much to show.

Wow, this does not sound good. TMZ is reporting he's dead. :(

That's really sad. :cry:

MIH, run outside and wave so that I can see you. :biggrin:

So far there are no reports on CNN that he has died, but his family members did report that the situation is grave.

Ivan Seeking said:
MIH, run outside and wave so that I can see you. :biggrin:

OK, Ivan.. "Haay-ay!"

They are starting to block off the streets here. Gonna be crazy trying to get out of here tonight.

CNN reports that Jackson is in a coma.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a drug overdose or suicide (attempt). Of all the celebrities out there, he's certainly not high on my list of ones I expected to live a long life.

The LA Times and CBS News are reporting that Jackson has died.

I think he'll pull though. Unless he has HealthNet HMO, then he's a goner.

Moonbear said:
suicide (attempt).

That wouldn't surprise me: he was being sued, again, and about to let down millions of fans!

Bummer, I think he was a very talented entertainer and as long as he was still alive I had hoped that he would put together a real comeback --- we all know he had the talent, but that talent was just overwhelmed by personal problems after thriller.

I really hope MJ is remembered as one of the greats, and doesn't get dragged down by the people who harshly judge his lifestyle and personal choices in his later years.

Wow someone msnbc was saying that he was possibly in half a billion worth of debt...

I never liked his public image but I was always amazed by his talent. Even as a young child he was truly phenomenal.

CNN is still refraining from reporting his death. According to Wolf Blitzer, they have not been able to confirm the report with a reliable source.

Pengwuino said:
Wow someone msnbc was saying that he was possibly in half a billion worth of debt...

Hence why he was about to embark on a 50 date tour!

Moonbear said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a drug overdose or suicide (attempt). Of all the celebrities out there, he's certainly not high on my list of ones I expected to live a long life.

I don't know what's wrong with celebrities but seems like too much money makes them crazy.

cristo said:
Hence why he was about to embark on a 50 date tour!

How do you even get into half a billion dollars worth of debt... without being the state of california or GM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snihdG1rE0Y&feature=related

I grew up listening to him...as did most people my age. I didn't care much for his later songs though.

Btw...irony *not* intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehal1eUG1jk&feature=related

It seems that the only delay may be that official reports of his death require permission from the family.

CNN reports MJ is dead.

Would have been nice to see him hit 1 billion records sold. Oh well, too many personal problems led to this I bet.

The classic performance of 'Billie Jean' at the Motown 25th anniversary, where he debued the 'moonwalk' dance move as well as his signature one-gloved fashion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZt_qpZ1N3o

When I was a kid my friends and would play his Sega game:

http://oldgameszine.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sega-genesis-michael-jackson-moonwalker.jpg

I liked the movie "The Jacksons: An American Dream." I just went to youtube and found a scene I particularly like, where the setting is MJ in the studio listening to an early cut of "beat it", when he gets a visit from the head of Motown. What I like is that this is happening in 1983, before the release of Thriller, and we are seeing the relationship between MJ and his brothers deteriorating, and MJ's father is causing great turmoil in the family, and meanwhile MJ is putting together an avant-garde pop masterpiece that goes on to become the best selling album of all time:

(the scene occurs at 4:68 on this vid)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCRbZgeXLl4

Edit by Ivan: Links fixed. You only want to enter the video ID and not the entire link. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's already a huge mob of reporters and fans at med center. Just snapped this.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs111.snc1/5111_823465177046_2531937_47341612_4449162_n.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Civilized said:
The classic performance of 'Billie Jean' at the Motown 25th anniversary, where he debued the 'moonwalk' dance move as well as his signature one-gloved fashion:

When I was a kid my friends and would play his Sega game:
When you use the YouTube tag, you need to edit the link to include only the unique file info. In the link for your first, for example, the full URL is
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZt_qpZ1N3o&feature=related
The only info you need between the YouTube tags is BZt_qpZ1N3

edit: Ah, thanks Ivan.

Math Is Hard said:
There's already a huge mob of reporters and fans at med center. Just snapped this.

MIH reporting Live for PhysicsForums.com.

What do the fans expect they're going to see by flocking to the hospital? I would expect there to be an autopsy since it's a sudden death and he's only 50. While his celebrity status, and the desire to get the fans off the hospital lawn might expedite the priority of that, I don't think it's going to happen before the end of the day. And then what do they hope for? To be the first to see a body bag possibly containing his body as it's picked up by the mortuary for his funeral? People are so weird, and they're clogging up traffic so poor MIH can't get home for supper!

The world has changed by one less boy rapist.

Ivan Seeking said:
It seems that the only delay may be that official reports of his death require permission from the family.

Must have been. MSNBC's article reported time of death as 3:15 California time, so there was a half hour to 45 min delay before reporting it (unless the autopsies are performed off-site there, and it was a delay to get the body transported before the media hounds knew to follow the coroner's van).

Phrak said:
The world has changed by one less boy rapist.

Ah, the judge and jury has arrived.

I see that the fact that he was never convicted of a crime has no bearing on your point of view.

Ivan Seeking said:
Ah, the judge and jury has arrived.

I see that the fact that he was never convicted of a crime has no bearing on your point of view.

And Bob's your uncle.

Phrak said:
And Bob's your uncle.

What?

Moonbear said:
What do the fans expect they're going to see by flocking to the hospital? I would expect there to be an autopsy since it's a sudden death and he's only 50. While his celebrity status, and the desire to get the fans off the hospital lawn might expedite the priority of that, I don't think it's going to happen before the end of the day. And then what do they hope for? To be the first to see a body bag possibly containing his body as it's picked up by the mortuary for his funeral? People are so weird, and they're clogging up traffic so poor MIH can't get home for supper!

I'm thinking people will probably start pouring in for a candlelight vigil, and all the newspeople will be filming that, since there's really not much else for them to take pictures of. I hope all the people coming in won't make too many problems for me getting out - but it never seems to work that way!

Wow. This was surprising.

<h2>1. Who is Michael Jackson?</h2><p>Michael Jackson was a famous American singer, songwriter, and dancer. He is often referred to as the "King of Pop" and is known for his iconic music and performances.</p><h2>2. Why was Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital?</h2><p>Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital on June 25, 2009, after suffering a cardiac arrest at his home in Los Angeles. He was pronounced dead at the hospital later that day.</p><h2>3. What caused Michael Jackson's cardiac arrest?</h2><p>The official cause of Michael Jackson's cardiac arrest was a combination of drugs in his system, including the anesthetic propofol, which was administered by his personal physician. This was ruled as a homicide by the Los Angeles County Coroner.</p><h2>4. How did the public react to Michael Jackson's hospitalization?</h2><p>The public reaction to Michael Jackson's hospitalization was shock and sadness. Fans gathered outside the hospital and his home to show their support and express their grief. The news of his death also caused a worldwide outpouring of tributes and mourning.</p><h2>5. What is Michael Jackson's legacy?</h2><p>Michael Jackson's legacy is his impact on the music industry and popular culture. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with over 350 million records sold worldwide. He also broke barriers as a black artist and revolutionized the music video format. His influence can still be seen in today's music and entertainment industry.</p>

1. Who is Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson was a famous American singer, songwriter, and dancer. He is often referred to as the "King of Pop" and is known for his iconic music and performances.

2. Why was Michael Jackson rushed to the hospital?

Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital on June 25, 2009, after suffering a cardiac arrest at his home in Los Angeles. He was pronounced dead at the hospital later that day.

3. What caused Michael Jackson's cardiac arrest?

The official cause of Michael Jackson's cardiac arrest was a combination of drugs in his system, including the anesthetic propofol, which was administered by his personal physician. This was ruled as a homicide by the Los Angeles County Coroner.

4. How did the public react to Michael Jackson's hospitalization?

The public reaction to Michael Jackson's hospitalization was shock and sadness. Fans gathered outside the hospital and his home to show their support and express their grief. The news of his death also caused a worldwide outpouring of tributes and mourning.

5. What is Michael Jackson's legacy?

Michael Jackson's legacy is his impact on the music industry and popular culture. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with over 350 million records sold worldwide. He also broke barriers as a black artist and revolutionized the music video format. His influence can still be seen in today's music and entertainment industry.