Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MikTeX and TexnicCenter in Windows Vista

1. Jan 20, 2008 #1

Hi all,

Has anyone been successful in installing TexnicCenter and MikTeX under Windows Vista?

I just bought a Dell Inspiron with the main goal of being able to write research notes anywere but it comes with Vista and that has proved to a a major pain in the neck.

Thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

MikTeX was not a problem to install, I just ran the installer and it worked. Can't help you on TexnicCenter though, since I use a custom program to edit my TeX files. Perhaps you should try the newest version (there seems to be bèta) and/or install another editor.

But without a little more information ("Installing TexnicCenter and MikTeX doesn't work!") it is going to be hard to help you.
  4. Jan 21, 2008 #3

Thank you. Ithelps to know that at least MikTeX worked. I will come back with details as soon as I have some free time between my classes.

Thank you!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?