Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Milky Way excess Microwave Radiation

Tags:
  1. Nov 27, 2009 #1
    Could some of the cosmic background radiation be produced within the fabric of space itself?

What if the big bang was not a one of event 15billion years ago but is happening right now today, now, all around us within the quantum world? If indeed the CBr was occuring within the fabric of space then regions around blackholes such our Milky Way BH should emit more microwaves than normal... and indeed they do.

http://lambda.gsfc.nasa.gov/product/map/dr3/sos/

I see spacetime expanding out towards an horizon of the universe then curving back as a shrodinger wave and supplying energy to drive the CBR in the sub atomic realm.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2009 #2

As I know, it would not be so, because that vacuum quantum fluctuations are not spawning any new particles that exist any significant amount of time. They dissapear very very quickly.

But in a sense you are right. If we could see further beyond CMB, we could, theoretically, see universe still Big Banging, much redshifted though.

I personally have trouble seeing spacetime alone.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook