Mistakes I make when Trying to Talk to People

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 5K views
heh, I've been found, i got a net message from the local university network from some biotechnology student and we started talking just because she liked the stuff i share on my computer :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
I can get around pretty well in French, but my Farsi is a mess. I only took it up to amuse my Iranian friends. They get a kick out of my horrible pronunciation. :redface: We are going out for Persian food today, and they are making me order for everyone at the table. :eek:
I really like people who can speak more than 2 language!:!)
 
I feel like I know very little compared to most of the people in my French class. Almost everyone there is completely fluent in two languages and starting French as their 3rd language. There are several people in the class who are fluent in Russian and English, and most of the rest are fluent in Spanish and English. When we are on break, you are as likely to hear the students talking in Spanish or Russian as English!