MLK plagiarized his dissertation and cheated on his wife.

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dissertation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
61 replies · 31K views
Of course MLK should not have committed adultery; it is a serious sin. However, I've known many very kind loving people who, because of human weaknesses, have committed serious sins, such as adultery, gossip, coveting, etc. etc. On the other hand, I've known people who have carefully obeyed each of the 10 commandments but who have been unkind, hateful, etc. There are also people who, while they have obeyed all the Commandments and not done anything destructive, have not done anything constructive either.

In reading the Bible, it seems that God has often chosen weak and sinful people to do His will. Instead of remembering MLK for his sins, let us remember him for his accomplishments. Had it not been for him, I suspect that advancing civil rights for blacks would have been delayed for at least 10 years.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This thread has been beaten to death.