MMO Servers Can you rent one or must you buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adder_Noir
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Adder_Noir
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Hi quick question chaps I am curious as to how much some of those big firms are paying for their MMO server rentals or do they even have to buy them?

What sort of sized server would you need to run a game like Planetside or Battleground Europe and how expensive are they. Is it even possible to rent one or must you buy one and set-up your own business quality communications package to it to handle the data? Sounds hugely expensive to me is this even - or will it ever - be in the realm of the normal man/group or do you need business sized wallets to do stuff like this?

I'd love to know thanks :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ok thanks I googled it that was a good link cheers!