Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mobile video conversion [resolution is not preserved]

1. Mar 15, 2008 #1
    I have a Sony Ericsson w810i phone. The screen dimensions are 220x176 px. So.. there are two ways i can view a video clip with 16:9 aspect ratio:

either vertically:
    [​IMG]
    videoRes: 176x99

or horizontally:
    [​IMG]
    videoRes: 220x123

When I view it horizontally.. i get 55.3% more viewarea as compared to vertical viewing.

So.. i used Virtual Dub and resized the video to 220x123 and saved it in .avi [codec: DivX 6].

Now.. the problem is that I use the Xilisoft 3GP converter [X3C] to convert the clips into 3gp. And X3C is such an idiot piece of software.. it converts my video to something like this:

[​IMG]

yup.. it completely skews my video with no respect to aspect ratio. It scales it both horizontally and vertically.. and there is no way to control the resolution in X3C.
    so.. i need suggestions frm ur side as to how i can overcome this problem. Is there any other software that actually respects aspect ratios and/or allows me to control the res?

thanks,
    rohan

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2008 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?