Modelling Physics With Dyalog APL

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding resources for using Dyalog APL to model physics situations, such as forced and damped oscillators and mechanosensitive ion channels. The speaker mentions having the guide "Mastering Dyalog APL" but is looking for more information. They also express interest in computational models in any language. Another participant brings up "open source physics," a java library that includes charting and ode solvers, and asks if Dyalog APL can access java.
justinkirk
Dyalog APL anyone? Anyone? Anyone? I've been trying to find resources on modelling specific physics situations with Dyalog APL and have had no luck. I have Mastering Dyalog APL which is the guide from their website but I want some more information. I'm looking to model specifically forced and damped oscillators. As in someone periodically blowing a pin wheel.

Also, I am interested in any computational models dealing with mechanosensitive ion channels or ion channels in general. I have a few physics models on paper but I am looking for more information. Any models in any language will help.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you don't care about the Lang there's open source physics a java library of charting and ode solvers. Can dyalog apl access java?

1. What is Dyalog APL?

Dyalog APL is a programming language designed specifically for mathematical and scientific modeling. It uses a concise and powerful syntax to represent complex mathematical equations and algorithms, making it a popular choice for scientists and mathematicians.

2. How can Dyalog APL be used to model physics?

Dyalog APL has a built-in library of mathematical functions and operators that make it well-suited for modeling physical phenomena. It can be used to solve differential equations, perform simulations, and analyze data to create accurate models of physical systems.

3. Is Dyalog APL suitable for both simple and complex physics models?

Yes, Dyalog APL is suitable for modeling both simple and complex physics systems. Its concise and powerful syntax allows for efficient representation of complex equations, while its built-in libraries make it easy to handle large amounts of data and perform simulations.

4. Are there any resources available for learning how to model physics with Dyalog APL?

Yes, there are various online resources, such as tutorials, documentation, and forums, available for learning how to model physics with Dyalog APL. Additionally, many scientific and mathematical organizations offer workshops and courses on using Dyalog APL for modeling.

5. Can Dyalog APL be used for other scientific disciplines besides physics?

Yes, Dyalog APL can be used for a wide range of scientific disciplines, including biology, chemistry, and economics. Its flexibility and versatility make it a popular choice for any field that requires complex mathematical modeling and data analysis.