Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma

• Thread starter Tom Piper
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magma
In summary, the conversation touches on the concept of magma as a mathematical object and its potential applications in algebra and topology. The speaker also shares a link to their website, which discusses a generalization of residue arithmetic and the implementation of software for calculating the moduloid for different spaces. The conversation also mentions a discussion of a chaotic map in relation to quotient spaces, available on the website.
Tom Piper
Magma as the mathematical object may be too big to be dealt with.
However I found the magma which is commutative and has the unit element
has some interesting properties which might be applicable to algebra
and topology. For details, please visit;
http://geocities.com/tontokohirorin/mathematics/moduloid/moduloid2.htm

Mathematics news on Phys.org
For those wondering, like me:

A magma is simple a set with a binary operation into itself (ie something like an operation on equivalence classes of binary trees indexed by the underlying set). Examples of which are, groups, groupoids, monoids etc.

The link is to a nicely presented page, though I don't have time to read it to see what it is saying. Perhaps a summary? An abstract, here?

matt grime said:
For those wondering, like me:

A magma is simple a set with a binary operation into itself (ie something like an operation on equivalence classes of binary trees indexed by the underlying set). Examples of which are, groups, groupoids, monoids etc.

The link is to a nicely presented page, though I don't have time to read it to see what it is saying. Perhaps a summary? An abstract, here?
Thank you for your comment. My website is regarding a generalization of residue arithmetic, in short. You may imagine the residue space in the linear space. I substituted the linear space by some quotient spaces such as sphere, real projective plane, Klein bottle, etc. Then I found the addition induced in that space does not form group, or even monoid in some cases. By discretizing that space, a finite set - or magma - is obtained. I thought that magma may characterize the quotient space in a certain meaning.

1. What is Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma?

Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma is a mathematical structure that combines features of both a module and an abelian group. It is a set with a binary operation that is associative, commutative, and has an identity element. It also follows the axioms of module structure, such as scalar multiplication and distributivity.

2. What is the significance of the term "Abelian" in Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma?

The term "Abelian" refers to the fact that the binary operation in Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma is commutative, meaning that the order in which the elements are combined does not affect the result. This is a fundamental property of abelian groups and is also present in Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma.

3. How is Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma different from a regular Magma?

While a regular magma is a set with a binary operation that is only required to be associative, Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma also has the properties of commutativity and an identity element. Additionally, it follows the axioms of module structure, making it a more specialized and complex mathematical structure.

4. What are some applications of Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma?

Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma has applications in various fields of mathematics, such as algebra, number theory, and topology. It can also be used to study abstract algebraic structures and their properties, as well as in the development of computer algorithms and programming languages.

5. Are there any limitations to Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma?

As with any mathematical structure, Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma has its own limitations and may not be applicable to all situations. It is a specialized structure that may not be suitable for solving certain types of problems. Additionally, further research and development are needed to fully understand its properties and potential uses.