Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Moduloid - Abelian Unital Magma

1. Jan 15, 2006 #1
    Magma as the mathematical object may be too big to be dealt with.
    However I found the magma which is commutative and has the unit element
    has some interesting properties which might be applicable to algebra
    and topology. For details, please visit;
    http://geocities.com/tontokohirorin/mathematics/moduloid/moduloid2.htm

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2006 #2

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

For those wondering, like me:

A magma is simple a set with a binary operation into itself (ie something like an operation on equivalence classes of binary trees indexed by the underlying set). Examples of which are, groups, groupoids, monoids etc.

The link is to a nicely presented page, though I don't have time to read it to see what it is saying. Perhaps a summary? An abstract, here?

4. Jan 16, 2006 #3
    Thank you for your comment. My website is regarding a generalization of residue arithmetic, in short. You may imagine the residue space in the linear space. I substituted the linear space by some quotient spaces such as sphere, real projective plane, Klein bottle, etc. Then I found the addition induced in that space does not form group, or even monoid in some cases. By discretizing that space, a finite set - or magma - is obtained. I thought that magma may characterize the quotient space in a certain meaning.

5. Jan 25, 2006 #4
  6. Feb 3, 2006 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?