Moment equations for pinned joints in sway frame analysis

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmmstr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Frame Stuck
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
jmmstr
Messages
7
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have a sway case beam as in the image below, but do not know the equation for the pinned joints.

We were told Moment (AB) = 6EI(delta)/Lsquared
for fixed ends such as AB and BA but not told the moment equation for CF for example.

I am assuming FC = 0 due to no moment at the pin but I cannot go further with my distribution table before knowing these values.

Edit: I have the proping force of 42.25kN already and everything before this, we were told to use an abitory moment but this was good in the example if all the lengths and EI's were the same.
 

Attachments

  • example.jpg
    example.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 522
Physics news on Phys.org
For anyone else needing to know this its 3ei(delta)/L squared :) and 0 for the pin.