Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Most amazing fight scene in a movie ever

1. Aug 25, 2007 #1
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=K06wDn3XsZE&mode=related&search=

Just remember that this scene uses absolutely 0 cut away shots and almost no CGI effects the entire time. I thought it was an awesome scene.

here are some interesting comments from the director about this scene:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2007 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Aug 25, 2007 #3
    hahaha I haven't laughed that hard in a while. ahaha thanks

5. Aug 25, 2007 #4
    Impressive really. Although did anyone think he could of just booked a table, and then moved over to talk to the guy and asked him a question? Well that wouldn't of been much fun, but hehe. :biggrin:

I watched the scene first then read the quote, I was thinking all the way through how much planing that must of took, it's like a dance performance, you literally would have to choreograph it so well to make it work. It's a stand alone piece that I would watch again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uIOI_CQJ9MM

I like this fight scene, it's more gritty, Bourne Identity, but it has none of the artistry of yours. It's just brutal and frankly it shows how much damage people who have no consideration to death or breaking bones can do. A biro very innovative...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  6. Aug 25, 2007 #5
    Tony Jaa is awesome. Both his movies are impressive.

7. Aug 25, 2007 #6
    That sucked. Sorry.

Lets all just stand around and throw big wide punches so that you can block us and break our arms..........mmmmmmmHHMMMMMMMM. :rolleyes:

8. Aug 25, 2007 #7

It's a movie, i.e. for entertainment. ya know?

maybe you would like the infamous "hammer fight scene" from the south korean film old boy better. It also uses 0 cut away shots. (expletives warning)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  9. Aug 25, 2007 #8
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  10. Aug 25, 2007 #9
  11. Aug 25, 2007 #10

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Leader: "OK boys, let's go over it again. How were we supposed to attack?"
    all (dejectedly): "all at once."
    Leader: "Right, and how did we just do it?"
    all : "one at a time."

12. Aug 25, 2007 #11
    Dude if you want to see some brutality and tons of bone breaking check out this one. Make sure you have the volume on for this one so you can hear all the crunching. I think he must have broken about 200 bones in this clip in another Tony Jaa scene-

13. Aug 25, 2007 #12
    oh Damn! thats the best boss death i have ever seen in my life! the way he gets picked up by his eye socket and Carried away is way better then death by helicopter blades

14. Aug 26, 2007 #13
    Again, ehhhhhhhh? I find this to be mindless entertainment. If you want a good fight scene go watch the movie ALI when he fights in Africa at the very end. I find this to be just pointless hi-ya, kick kick, karate chop nonsense. At least Ali is based on a real story, and they tried to make the fights just like the real ones in terms of his moves etc. Its ok in small amounts like the Matrix. But 4 mins of this is zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzz.

15. Aug 26, 2007 #14
    I remember when I saw that movie that scene just blew my mind. The movies itself ain't the greatest... just something mindless to defrag to. but that fight scene is mind blowing. I don't want to know the amount of planning that went into it.

16. Aug 26, 2007 #15

Aether

Gold Member

[​IMG]

Johnny, what are you doing here?!? I told you go 15 South Nanjin Street...this is 15 North Nanjin Street!

Huh? Ohhhh.....

17. Oct 29, 2007 #16
    star trek fight scene

Here's a fight scene with some style!

18. Oct 29, 2007 #17
    :rofl: my god. that was beautiful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?