1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MPC5674F Processor and 32-bit address

1. Feb 23, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I'm not sure where to start with the following question. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It is part of some challenging questions I was given and I'd like to try to learn how to solve them.

Assume unsigned32 X; Consider the MPC5674F processor. The 32 bit address of the Flash B Shadow Block starts at X. Use whatever resources you have to find X.

2. Relevant equations

None.

3. The attempt at a solution

I'm not sure even where to start! I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction towards at least starting off.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2012 #2

rcgldr

Homework Helper

It's not clear what the goal is here, is it to find where Flash B is located in the memory address space? Is it restricted to a range of addresses or could it be anywhere? Assuming that there's some way to write and read memory to identify the Flash B address range, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to be writing and reading random locations in the memory address space, since that it could mess up other devices that also use a part of the memory address space.

4. Feb 26, 2012 #3
    Yes, the goal is to find where Flash B is located in the memory address space.
    However, I have no idea as to where I could start looking.

5. Feb 26, 2012 #4

rcgldr

Homework Helper

If there is no specified range, then you need to probe every address that is a multiple of the size of Flash B, assuming there's some handshake sequence that works with any address within range of Flash B. I don't like this idea because poking a random memory locations could mess up something else.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook