MS in physics with no full-time job after four years of applying

  • Topic: Other 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Trioxide
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
61 replies · 20K views
I think this thread is starting to blow up with too much drama and topics of cyber espionage...If a Moderator wants to shut this down, I won't object.

When I made this thread I simply wanted to illustrate the very real situations that people may experience: despite honest attempts at acquiring a Physics-related education and career, in the end, things do not work out.

People on these forums say " You Entitled little brat! Well, so what ? Stop crying about it and go teach or do programming, or repair cars, or clean cars, or work in a store or in a bank or start a consulting firm or shovel snow!"

And that's all well and fine...I've done some of these things...but the point of this thread is that after pursuing rigorous physics and other technical activities to achieve a Physics-related career, working in Target or cleaning cars just doesn't seem right. .
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ModusPwnd, Rika, dlincoln and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Thread closed at OP's request.

I haven't participated in this thread, but I've been following it. Unlike some responders here, I don't get the sense that you feel "entitled" etc. I'm sorry you're in the fix you're in. In your first post, you said this:
Trioxide said:
I can speak fluently 3 languages. I have a hobby of rebuilding old cars (full restoration), building computers + circuits (soldering), renovating (carpentry, plumbing, electrical)...most of these were self-taught through 10+ years of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) and following national code standards. I even worked on and drove agricultural farm tractors.
Rather than pursue a job at Target, some of these skills seem like they might be lead to a job paying more than the ones you listed (teaching P/T at a comm. college) worth pursuing, at least in the short term.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wminus