1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Msc. physics/applied mathematics from IIT

1. Jun 14, 2009 #1
    i am in confusion. i recently cleared my iitjee exam. but unfortunately my rank is not that good. i just wanted to enquire whether taking a Msc. course in physics or mathematics is a good choice.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2009 #2
    Doing M.Sc. in physics or mathematics has got nothing to do with good or bad rank. If you are genuinely interested in doing basic sciences, I would suggest you to go for it, else you won't be able to do full justice to the subject or your life.

What bad rank did you get anyway?:smile:

4. Jun 14, 2009 #3
    Oh.. i got 5785 only..

5. Jun 14, 2009 #4
    ok. I think( and i didn't do this when I was in a similar position) you should just go to the counseling and apply for the course you wanted to do( NOT what you can get now) . What about other things like AIEEE, etc?

6. Jun 14, 2009 #5
    Aieee i got 4531 rank..general category.Since i am in Delhi, i also had written CEE in which i got 175 rank. So what did you join? which is better NSIT or DCE ?

7. Jun 14, 2009 #6
    lol I made kind of eccentric choice, lets talk about you only:wink:

I am not from delhi, so don't really know which ones better, sorry. AIEEE that rank can get you decent stream from a decent NIT (again thats the case when I was there, things must've changed now). What stream/college did you want?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook