1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multi-Skilled Engineering - Book Recommendations

1. May 4, 2015 #1
    Hi Guys,

I am currently looking for some book resources on Both Electrical and Mechanical engineering (Maths Related) . I know we have a full raft of information available on the internet but its nothing like having a good book infront of you.

Any recommendations? I do work in Industry but some of the stuff we are learning is not what i do in my day to day job since i am Technician for focused improvement.

Thanks
    Alex

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2015 #2
    Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig. Great reference textbook, useful for when you are already familiar with the fundamentals and just want to review your math. Covers several different topics ranging from ODEs and PDEs to complex analysis and some numerical analysis. A bit biased towards electrical engineering applications, IMO.

Transport Phenomena by BSL. The classic text on this topic, very mathematical. Sometimes called "the Bible of Chemical Engineering." However, momentum and energy transport are specially important in mechanical engineering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted