1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My theory on black holes/Big Bang.

1. Aug 23, 2011 #1
    Can someone please delete this I don't know how.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2011 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

No.

And read the forum rules before you get banned.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380

4. Aug 23, 2011 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Aug 23, 2011 #4
    Ok thank you very much I'm new at this forum and I've just only read the rules then. I was just expressing my thoughts I didn't think it was wrong:frown:

6. Aug 23, 2011 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

No, this is against that forums rules as well.

7. Aug 23, 2011 #6
    I was just expressing my thoughts I don't even believe what I wrote, it was just a thought. Why is that such a bad thing to share with other people to see there opinion?

8. Aug 23, 2011 #7

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The reason that we don't allow non-peer reviewed theories is that Physics Forums is primarily a teaching resource. People come here and ask questions to which they do not know the answer. Because the people asking the questions are not experts in the field (otherwise they would not be asking), they cannot decide for themselves which information is "true" (i.e. currently accepted) or just plain wrong, or utter rubbish.

Another, equally valid reason is that if we allowed non-peer review theories here, we would be rapidly over-run by crackpots all wanting to advance their own nonsense theories. The internet is full of such places where utter loons push their own theories, but we don't want it here at PF.

9. Aug 23, 2011 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The reasoning is right there in the forum rules. There's nothing wrong with having personal theories, but they're just not allowed on this forum.

And before you ask, we HAVE tried exactly what Hootenanny described and that is exactly what happened. Our moderators are all volunteers and personal theories take hugely disproportionate amounts of moderator attention which is unacceptable.

10. Aug 23, 2011 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook