Need an intro Electronic/Electrical engineering text

In summary, electronic/electrical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the study, design, and application of electrical systems. It has a wide range of applications, including designing electronic devices and working on power systems and telecommunications. To excel in this field, one should have a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Some common challenges faced by electronic/electrical engineers include keeping up with rapidly advancing technologies and dealing with complex systems. Recommended textbooks for learning about this field include "Principles of Electric Circuits" by Thomas L. Floyd, "Microelectronic Circuits" by Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith, and "Fundamentals of
Flatshoe
Hey, I'm in first year engineering (mechanical), but we study EE as well. I've got exams coming up in about 2 weeks, and I need a good intro text to help me study since the lecture notes I have aren't really adequete.

The kind of stuff I'm covering include circuit theory (thevenin problems, superposition etc) boolean algebra, digital logic gates, binary and a little bit of signal processing...

It's just an introduction to this stuff really, nothing to complicated, but I still need some help.

Thanks guys.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_10/1.html

What is electronic/electrical engineering?

Electronic/electrical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the study, design, and application of electrical systems, such as circuits, devices, and networks. It involves the use of principles of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism to create, develop, and improve various technologies and devices.

What are some examples of electronic/electrical engineering?

Electronic/electrical engineering has a wide range of applications, including designing and developing electronic devices such as computers, smartphones, and medical equipment. It also involves working on power systems, telecommunications, control systems, and robotics, among others.

What skills are required for a career in electronic/electrical engineering?

To excel in electronic/electrical engineering, one should have a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science. Other important skills include critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail, and creativity.

What are some common challenges faced by electronic/electrical engineers?

One of the main challenges faced by electronic/electrical engineers is keeping up with rapidly advancing technologies. This requires continuous learning and adapting to new developments. Other challenges include dealing with complex and interconnected systems, ensuring safety and reliability, and meeting tight deadlines.

What are some recommended textbooks for learning about electronic/electrical engineering?

Some commonly recommended textbooks for electronic/electrical engineering include "Principles of Electric Circuits" by Thomas L. Floyd, "Microelectronic Circuits" by Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith, and "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N. O. Sadiku. Additionally, many universities have their own textbooks or course materials for their specific programs.