Need guidance on CED evaluation for India university transcript

In summary, the individual is seeking a course by course evaluation from CED to determine if their 3 year Indian UG degree is equivalent to a US degree. They have the necessary documents, including mark sheets, certificates, and a transfer certificate, and are unsure if they should send the originals or copies. The CED website states that only clear and legible official copies should be submitted, and it is recommended to contact them if unsure about any additional documents. The individual also asks for advice from anyone who has had experience with CED evaluations.
rualthan
I am from India. I am sending my degree mark sheets and certificates to CED for course by course evaluation to see if my 3 years Indian UG degree (BCA) is equivalent to that of US. (Ok probably the ans is no but an institution requires it)

I have the following documents:

1) mark sheet of each semester
2) consolidated mark sheet of all semesters
3) provisional certificate from the university
4) transfer certificate from the institution mentioning course completed and grade obtained.

per CED website, documents required are:

* Diplomas/certificates/degrees;
* Transcripts or course and grade listings;
* Notice of certification if applicable
(teacher, accountant, pharmacist)

http://www.cedevaluations.com/ced_2003/english/evaluation.htm

and also

"Only originals, or clear and legible official copies of documents should be submitted."

Hence:

1) should I send the original of either each semester mark sheets or the consolidate one?
2) any other document that might be required from a student in India?

If anyone from India who has had CED evaluations please can share your experience, I will be really glad.

Physics news on Phys.org
rualthan said:
Hence:

1) should I send the original of either each semester mark sheets or the consolidate one?
2) any other document that might be required from a student in India?

If anyone from India who has had CED evaluations please can share your experience, I will be really glad.
1) If the consolidated one includes all grades, I don't see any reason to send the semester mark sheets.
2) I have no idea about that one, but I guess the website does state what you have to send, so if unsure, just contact them.

Thank you Ryker.

What is a CED evaluation?

A CED (Credential Evaluation Document) evaluation is a process of analyzing and interpreting academic credentials, such as transcripts and diplomas, from international institutions to determine their equivalence to credentials from the United States or other countries.

Why do I need a CED evaluation for my India university transcript?

A CED evaluation is necessary for individuals who have completed their education at an international institution, such as an India university, and are seeking admission or employment in the United States. It helps to determine the equivalent value of your education in the US education system.

How can I get a CED evaluation for my India university transcript?

You can obtain a CED evaluation by submitting your academic documents, such as transcripts and diplomas, to a recognized credential evaluation agency. They will then evaluate your documents and provide a detailed report on the equivalency of your education in the US.

How long does it take to get a CED evaluation for my India university transcript?

The time it takes to receive a CED evaluation can vary depending on the evaluation agency and the complexity of your documents. Generally, it can take 2-4 weeks to receive a completed evaluation report.

Will a CED evaluation guarantee admission or employment in the US?

No, a CED evaluation does not guarantee admission or employment in the US. It is used as a tool to assess the equivalency of your education and does not guarantee acceptance or employment opportunities. It is ultimately up to the institution or employer to make their own evaluation and decision based on the CED report.